- Book must be written in English.
- Book must bear correct printed copyright date (see call for date).
- Book should make an outstanding contribution to the humanities by crossing traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- Book must be published by a single author (no edited volumes).
- Employees of Texas A&M University are not eligible for nomination.
- Authors cannot nominate their own books.
- Book must be nominated by its publisher.
- Publishers may only nominate ONE book (multiple submissions will not be returned).
- Posthumous submissions WILL be accepted. If book is selected as the winner:
- the prize money will be awarded to the author’s estate, and
- another scholar will be asked to present in lieu of the author on the winning book and its scholarly impact in the field.
- E-books will be accepted ONLY IF printed copies are also available and sent along with the submission.
- Publishers must complete an online submission form.
- Publishers must send five (5) copies of the nominated book to the Glasscock Center.
- Books will not be returned.
- If books are lost in shipping, the Glasscock Center is not responsible and will require additional books to be shipped.
- Publisher will receive a confirmation letter once the online form and books have been received.
Submissions in the form of ‘crossover’ humanities books, which are informed by research and expertise yet appeal to a wider than academic audience, are encouraged.
Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research
305 Glasscock Building
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4214
Attn: Book Prize