The Cushing Memorial Library & Archives and The Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research invite applications for the 2014 Cushing-Glasscock Graduate Award. This graduate research award is open to Texas A&M University graduate students in good standing. It supports projects in the humanities that are based on collections housed at the Cushing Memorial Library & Archives. One or two awards of up to $2,000 each will be made.
Applications will be evaluated by a faculty committee and judged in part on their effective use of materials housed at Cushing. Recipients are expected to spend at least one month in residence at Cushing Library between 1 June and 31 August 2014, and they must deliver a short presentation on their projects during the fall semester of 2014. A written copy of the project must be deposited in the Glasscock Center Libraryand Cushing Memorial Library & Archives.
Deadline for applications is 25 March 2014.
Applications should be no longer than three single spaced pages, and they must contain the following information:
- Applicant’s name, address, phone number and email address;
- Applicant’s major degree and department;
- Names of applicant’s department chair and committee chair;
- Applicant’s expected graduation date;
- Proposed project title;
- A statement describing the nature of the applicant’s research, its relationship to the humanities, and the materials at Cushing that will support the research;
- A tentative bibliography of Cushing materials.
Submit applications via email to Rebecca Hankins (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the form of an attached MS Word file or PDF (preferred) or to:
Cushing-Glasscock Humanities Research Award
c/o Rebecca Hankins
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-5000
Please note that a No-Repeat Rule applies:
- No one may receive more than one award in any three-year period.
- If a graduate student who has won the Cushing-Glasscock Award submits another proposal after the three-year period has passed, the new project must be significantly different from the previous one.
Questions about papers and research can be directed to Rebecca Hankins at 979-845-1951 and email@example.com. We welcome your interest!